#2, #3

Tonight we will see who gets LeBron, of course, but teams who get #2 and #3 will be most fortunate, too.  If the pub on Milicic is well-founded and he may go ahead of C. Anthony, then either of them are worth trading for.  Anthony, I think, will be the next great small forward in the league; he won't jump out of the gym like McGready, but he will be an offensive force like few we've seen.  So, if Ray's rumblings have any founding and the C's are interested in trading up that high, I say we should go for it.  ABP, anyone but Pierce, should be part of an offer.  Pierce should stay, not because he is better than Milicic or Anthony will be (I think he probably is), but because he is so good that I wouldn't roll those dice.

It's hard for Ainge to walk in and calculate how big a deal for one of these two players would be; there's much pressure to be cautious.  But there are two players (maybe three with Milicic) who will be superstars in this league and I would try to get the left-over.

I'm glad we won't be in the hunt for T. J. Ford.  The more I think about his prospects in the big league, the more I suspect his frailty will be his undoing.  I'm thinking Barbosa? might be the best prospect (after my man, the likely undrafted Steve Blake).  Cheers, Gene