Troy Bell

I wouldn't worry too much about the workout. Though I
think the Celtics could do a lot worse than Bell in
the second round (assuming we had a second round pick,
which we don't), I think what Ainge was probably doing
was a courtesy - pumping up the local boy to the rest
of the league. I mean, what does it hurt? And it also
is in keeping with his disinformation pledge.

Assuming Hinrich doesn't fall or that the Cs don't
trade up, I think Ainge will be looking at Gaines,
Barbosa or maybe Ridnour for the PG pick. Boston's
still likely to need a free agent PG and let him fight
it out with Bremer and the rookie.

Assuming Collison is still there at 16, do you take
him and hope Barbosa/Gaines/Ridnour drops to 20? He
may not be "athletic" enough, but that's not all that
counts (see McHale, Kevin and Moiso, Jerome). You'd at
least be getting somebody who could contribute right
away. After passing on Troy Murphy two years ago,
would Boston do the same with another big, skilled,
"unathletic" white guy who did it all against top NCAA
competition?

If you're not sold on the Euros, the only other big
man of interest at No. 20 might be Illinois' Brian
Cook. My best case scenario would be Collison and
Gaines, though I doubt both slide that far - and both
could conceivably be gone by 16.