O'Brien's Pardon

I love how every boston writer, including even
Peter May, has bought O'Brien's line that he
"took what he had" and coaxed two playoff
runs out of it.  Could any claim be more ludicrous?
He had Kedrick Brown; he had a semi-competent
Vin Baker; he had a great mid-range scorer in
Tony Delk; he had Joe Johnson; he had a legit
point guard in Kenny Anderson.  He made the
players on his roster into the team we saw.  Nobody
else.  I agree with Mark that the halfcourt offense
was as crude and useless as the running game;
and like the running game, that's strictly a function
of coaching.  You're telling me the Celtics aren't
fast enough to run a fast break?  Or don't play
basketball well enough?  What a joke.  I wish I
wrote for a real medium so I could call out O'Brien
on this.  The guy's getting the all-time free ride.

Josh