Re: To Ainge, doctor's system is a real brainstorm

At 10:01 AM 5/21/2003 -0400, Celtic4Hire@AOL.com wrote:
K,
I work for a major corporation and I had to take a diversity class at work.
As part of the training, we had to take a "personality" test which typed
people into four classes of people related to leadership by answering
questions and working with a group.

There is nothing that is going to guarantee someone is going to be a great
basketball player. But I believe there are ways are measuring leadership,
work ethic, team building, etc that I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss....

DJessen33
Yeah, it's pretty standard stuff all over, and not usually associated with diversity so much as intangibles in evaluating equivalent talent. Briggs-Meyer is probably the best known of these personality typing tests/theories. I assumed this doctor just had his own way of interpreting them or had maybe expanded on the basic model.

I'm less sure than you about the value of this sort of testing in evaluating leadership, etc because circumstances change people and it's not that hard to hack the question and answer pattern if you want to. Although I suppose the ability to do that says something about you on its own : )

Kim