Men vs. Women

> When the "Dream Team" (and as far as I'M concerned only ONE group deserved
> that name) went to the Olympics, everyone presumed that the other nations
> would be consigned to spending another decade or so of being doormats for
> American basketball players.  You think they're laughing now?
>
> Sure, there's a disparity of talent between the NBA and WNBA--NOW.  That
> won't always hold true.

Sure it will..

Men are bigger and stronger. That is a biological fact. The NBA unlike a
golf, pool, or bowling is far more of a power sport. It's the same deal with
Tennis. Serena has admitted that the men would clean her clock. And it's not
just Agassi that could whip Serena, a good DI player could BLANK Serena. NBA
guys are not the "fastest" guys around..but they run well for someone 6'8 and
240 pounds. It's the power/speed/strength ratio...that men excel in.

Men are on a different level in any sport that emphasizes overall strength
and power. OTOH the male golfers of the world are due for a shock somewhere
down the line on some courses. I wouldn't be surpised at all if Sorenstam did
well. That's why the men are so scared, they already know the truth. A women
could outplay some of the men. Women can already out play men in pool I
believe. If a sport is pure "skill" like say poker obviously a women could do
well.

Women could certainly fit into some roles in some sports. There could be a
female place kicker (women have similiar lower body strength compared to men)
and you might see a female major league pitcher (throwing doesn't seem to
require outstanding strength just timing and coordination). But in other
sports say competitive power lifting or even gymnastics and ice skating the
male power strength advantage isn't going away.

Pete