Stockton

Kenny Anderson will likely end up signing for the vet minimum with
some team.  But forget about him for the minute.  How about Ainge
prying John Stockton out of retirement and into a player/asst. coach
position?

Could Stockton be signed as our long-awaited offensive coordinator,
mentor to a raw PG drafted in June, and also give us 15 mpg at PG next
season?   For purposes of the luxury tax, would we legally be allowed
to separate Stockton's player salary (lowly vet. minimum) from his
coach's salary (inflated to lure him in)?

The guy is over 40 yrs. old.  But he still played 28 mpg this season,
shot .483,  recorded 7.7 apg, and netted 10.8 ppg.

Egg