Ainge: No Walker Trade; O'Brien Extended

My alarm clock has gone off......

Ainge plans to keep Walker, O'Brien
By Shira Springer, Globe Staff, 5/14/2003

Danny Ainge, the Celtics' new Executive Director of Basketball
Operations, said today that he would not trade forward Antoine Walker
and that he was working on a contract extension for coach Jim O'Brien.

"I have absolutely no intention of trading Antoine Walker," said Ainge.
"I will never make a phone call in that regard. I had a talk with
Antoine [Tuesday] and told him what I expected of him this summer, his
preparation coming into training camp next year. That's my plan. That's
what we're planing on doing going forward."

On O'Brien: "I am in the process of negotiating a new deal with Jim
O'Brien. I had a conversation with Jim's agent [Lonnie Cooper] today."

Team owner Wyc Grousbeck also said today that "paperwork is underway for
the assistant coaches today, meaning written contract extensions are
being prepared."