Re: JackieMacMoron

Well, he mentioned New Jersey, Sacramento and Portland. Would he start ahead
of Martin or Jefferson with New Jersey? No. Is he a better player? That's
debatable, but he still wouldn't start ahead of the other two. They're great
players in their own rights who UNDERSTAND THEIR ROLES. Antoine wouldn't.
Same with Sacramento, although I don't think there's any way to make a case
that Antoine would start ahead of Webber or Stojakovic. But even if you
wanted to argue their relative worth, Antoine still wouldn't start ahead of
those guys, again because they UNDERSTAND THEIR ROLES. As for Portland, he
probably starts alongside 'Sheed at the forward spots, although that's not a
given. With that team structured the way it is, they probably value Dale
Davis' size, defense and rebounding.

I'd also challenge you on Dallas. Sure, Antoine is a better player than
Najera, but he wouldn't be nearly as effective as Najera is when teamed with
Nowitzki, Nash and Finley. But there's no question that based solely on
talent, Antoine is a better player. Still, the question isn't always talent,
is it? No one is questioning Antoine's talent, but we have a lot of
questions about how he puts it to use.

Mark

P.S. I'm leaning more and more toward an Antoine trade that nets a good
player at a position of need (PG or PF) and a high draft pick that could net
a star (Milicic, Anthony, Ford, etc.). Maybe something like Crawford, Fizer
and the Bulls' No. 1 for Antoine and the Celts' first-rounders. That feels
about right. The salaries would have to be tweaked, but you get the idea. Or
Kwame Brown, Laettner and the Wiz pick for Antoine and EWill (cap relief).
Something like that. But only if the pick allows you to get a potential
star. I'm just not sure you're going to find a star-level match on the trade
front. If so, great.

Peter wrote:

Kestas, no disrespect, but that's absolutely wrong.
Any and all of the teams you mentioned - and any other
team in the league, including Dallas, the Lakers, you
name it - would start Walker and be happy doing it.