Re: ESPN DQ: Trade Toine and possibly Pierce

--- You wrote:
As for Antoine, I think the writing is on the wall. Everyone sees it now.
The team is stuck if it stays the current course. The only way to improve is
to deal Antoine. But it has to be the right deal. That isn't going to be
easy.
--- end of quote ---

Did you people catch Antoine's comments about how the "rebuilding is over" and
how they should stick with the present core etc. etc?. Right after they showed
it on Inside the NBA, Magic actually followed it up with something intelligent:
basically, that Antoine needs to realize that this is the Boston Celtics, the
fans aren't going to be satisfied with making it into the second round, nothing
short of a championship will do, and they can't win it with the present crew.
Nothing new here, but it's good to hear someone like Magic say it on the
national TV. Because some of the local sportswriters still aren't getting it.
I know it's a sentimental thing, and it WAS kind of sad to see how he gave it
all trying to pull out the game and didn't get a chance to do that. But I know
that if he isn't traded, I'll be pulling my hair out gain next season watching
his antics, and we'll meet the same fate if major changes aren't made.
Kestas