Re: Globe down / K-Mart petit mal?

Those Kenyon twitches are weird, aren't they? It's like a record skipping.
What a player, though.

As for questions for Wallace, I'd just focus on draft prospects. Try to get
his thoughts on the European crop and college and high school players who
have caught his eye. I doubt he'll give you much, but he won't be much good
for anything else at this point. I know you like the guy Josh, but I can't
wait for him to be permanently separated from the Celtics. His crap today
about what a great job he did because the team won 49 and 44 games would
have pushed me over the edge if I wasn't comforted by the fact that he'll
soon be destroying someone else's franchise before eventually returning to
his basement, where he belongs.

Other thoughts...

1.	I'm amused by all this O'Brien extension talk and the statements
about how much he deserves it for taking this overachieving team so far.
What a load of crap. This team has two all-stars and plays in a terrible
conference. Their offense is unwatchable and Obie completely fails to put
his players in the best position to win. The team's biggest glaring need is
a creative point guard, yet Obie has made it very clear---and make no
mistake about this---that he prefers the Delk and Shammond Williams types.
He has completely turned this team over to Antoine, who clearly isn't
deserving of such treatment. The only thing he brings to the table is Dick
Harter and the ability to get along with Antoine (by acquiescing at every
turn). If Ainge trades Antoine and brings in a real point guard, Obie's
usefulness will have run out. Anyway, it's amazing to me that these same
"experts" who have ripped the Celtics' offense for six months and called
them unwatchable, among other things, now are leaping to the "extend the
coach" line. So we can get more of the same? No, at most Ainge should remake
the roster the way he likes and see if Obie can coach it the proper way. If
he can't, then he goes. It's that simple. And this doesn't event take into
account whether or not Ainge and Obie can work together. Obie is an
abrasive, uncooperative person. Ainge needs a coach who will work with him
and agrees with his vision. I wouldn't be surprised if he sees the perfect
relationship as something close to what McHale and Flip Saunders share in
Minnesota. Does anyone see Ainge and Obie working together that well? I sure
don't.

2.	My hope for an Antoine trade is that he brings in an impact point
guard that makes others better (my preference) or a young frontcourt player
about to explode (a la Jermaine O'Neal). That's why I think the best fits
are Chicago (Jay Williams/Jamaal Crawford/Tyson Chandler), Washington (Kwame
Brown) and maybe Portland (Zach Randolph). The other option is bringing in a
player and a high lottery pick. Milicic or Ford would be huge additions.

3.	Did anyone notice how good Delk looked early in the game yesterday
when he was taking mid-range jumpers instead of standing at the 3-point
line? That's Tony Delk. And that's a great example of how Obie has failed to
put a player in the best position to succeed.

4.	Finally, I think Ainge understands that the NBA is moving toward a
more European style---more player movement, more ball movement, more open
court play---and he sees Obie as a 90s style coach---focus on defense and
isolation on offense. I just don't think they'll mesh. I'll be shocked if
Obie lasts beyond next season.

Mark