Re: Walker altercation

EGG said:
Snip.....and how the Celtics
>addressed the problem (revoking - now claiming they might revoke-
>Berg's future season ticket privileges) was equally as wrong.

I disagree.  Boorish louts should be tossed.  My rights to enjoy the game
without the swearing and harassment of any player are just as valid as some
kook who gets off on interfering with the players on the court.

The year of the Walker booing I had to stop taking my young kids to the
games.  This is an infringement on my rights as a ticket purchaser.

>Implicit in the purchase has always been the
>paying fan's right to heckle players and coaches

This is nonsense.  The ticket allows them to observe the game in a live
setting.  Not act like a donkey.  While I disagree with Kraft's canceling of
season tickets when a guest is inappropriate, the concept of tossing out
those who infringe on others rights to watch the game I agree with.

>Has the Ashcroft regime also succeeded in permanently removing a
>paying fan's rights to free, albeit crude, expression?

If it has, I will vote for him in 6 years.

<Jim