RE: Walker altercation

Yeah, I only hope Berg makes enough from the selling of Toine's merchandise on Ebay to pay his legal fees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Anything for a buck!!

Cecil

-----Original Message-----
From: Eggcentric@AOL.com [mailto:Eggcentric@AOL.com]
Sent: May 12, 2003 8:52 AM
To: Celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Walker altercation

So fan Berg has hired a lawyer, and the league and the Boston Police
are now investigating the Walker altercation.

The Celtics' reaction to the problem - revoke this rowdy fan's right
to buy a season ticket.  Implicit in the purchase has always been the
paying fan's right to heckle players and coaches ... in this particular
case screaming for AW's coach to replace him in an important game.
Has the Ashcroft regime also succeeded in permanently removing a
paying fan's rights to free, albeit crude, expression?

I understand a loyal usher has stepped forward to claim that the
heckler charged at Walker.  But he remains the only one who saw it
that way.  According to everyone else, it was Walker who assaulted
Berg by approaching him, placing his hand on his face, pushing him,
and then signaling his posse for help.

This is a very difficult period for AW. So I sympathize with his
frustration.  Yet what he did was dead wrong, and how the Celtics
addressed the problem (revoking - now claiming they might revoke-
Berg's future season ticket privileges) was equally as wrong.

Egg