Walker Trade Hysteria..

> 2)  Either deal Walker or at least confine him to his strengths, not allow
> him to maximize his weaknesses

First thing we need to do is get a real point guard..and run the offense
through him.
I think this would naturally minimize Walker's damage. I think the draft is
the way to go there. Lots of points coming out in this draft.

Perhaps we could package our picks and draft Hinrich..though he might be
availabe at 16.. Ridnour will probably be available..but I see bust written
all over that guy. Hinrich just looks longer to me..and length is the big x
factor in the NBA. It's far more important then height. Plus drafting a stud
player just seems SO much more exciting to me.

The Celts need to recognize that developing talent is important. I think
Ainge thankfully knows this. I don't think we will hear about how we are a
few "veterans" away. We have veterans now. With PP and AW on the team they
will easily be able to develop talent and still win some, IMHO.

Secondly, though OB wins I would like to see a new coach.

The Celts aren't slow..they JUST DONT RUN. Heck KA, not a speedster really,
used to run the break last year and frequently end up LEADING it. <g> K.
Brown frequently runs ahead, but no one can stay close enough to get him a
pass.

I want a coach and a system committed to the fast break, and an offense with
screens and cutters. Is that too much to ask?!

The Celts are talent short..so I don't think they should be making your
"remove the bad apple" kinds of trades. AW isn't a bad apple, and they need
to add talent not subtract it. Portland can afford to trade talent for
"role-players". The Celts cannot.

Pete

Pete