complaint disclaimer

I want to voice a pet peave of mine. I'm getting tired of hearing people say that trading Walker would be blowing up the team or dismantling the team. It would not be. The only way this team could be blown up is if you trade Walker AND Pierce. Or maybe even just Pierce.

But trading only Walker is not blowing things up. That is just trading a decent player to try and improve your team. Blowing things up means admitting you will be a bad team for a few years but that you hope to rise out of it after that. Chicago blew up their team after the last championship. But the C's trading Walker would not be them admitting that they are going to be bad again. It would be to try and get better immediately.