The Danny and Obie Show, brought to you by the NBA

After reviewing previous games where Ainge was one of the broadcast
team--including the last one, and if anyone wants to know where the leak
came from, blame TNT--and he's never objected to the basic structure of
O'Brien's strategy of the three.  His concern was which players were taking
the shots under what conditions.  He acknowledged that without a Center and
a Point Guard, the C's options are limited offensively.

I would guess that he might want to encourage Walker down on the box more
(I know, him and 30,000 other people), he's going to have to shore up the
team with a big man and point guard.

I think Ainge and O'Brien will get along fine.  All the Coach wants is
enough players to do the job--winning the championship.  I think with the
addition of one or two people in the right places, the three point offense
would be toned down a lot.  On the other paw, a number of other teams in
the league, realizing that however abysmal at times, it works, have gone to
the three themselves.

One more thing...several people have argued with me over my assertion that
the C's need a center more than a point guard.  Let me quote the following,
a hypothetical choice between Larry Bird and Bill Russell.  Though the
direct comparison is between forward and center, the point is still valid
for a guard:

"...when I build a ballclub, my number one priority is my center.  My
second priority is my guard, the one who's going to be handling the ball
most of the time."

That's from the Man Himself, Red Auerbach, from his book "On and Off the
Court", written with Joe Fitzgerald.  Page 57, hardcover edition, 1985.

To me, the guy who orchestrated 16 championships wins the debate.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle