Re: tayshaun prince

>Isn't it galling to see the Pistons -- already
>primed for a huge upgrade with Memphis'
>pick and their own -- getting such great
>production out of a talented rookie?  Can
>you imagine if Prince played for O'Brien?
>What the $%@&# is so hard about giving
>talented young players minutes?  I hope
>Ainge reads Obie the riot act, just as Joe
>Dumars had to twist Rick Carlisle's arm to
>>play Prince.   Coaches!  -Josh

I'm not an O'Brien fan but this is really off base.
Prince played a total of 43 games this season averaging 10 minutes a game.
That's considerably less than JR Bremer played this season, less than the 13
mpg Kedrick saw this year and about half of what Joe Johnson saw in his first
season here.  The difference is that when Prince got time he made the most of
it.  Very much like JR did when he first started getting playing time.

I'm beginning to wonder if your close relationship to Wallace has completely
colored your judgment.
  We've already been through the Baker fiasco.  He played like crap, period!

  Kedrick isn't playing because he isn't earning playing time.  It has
nothing to do with O'Brien and everything to do with Kedrick.
Joe Johnson isn't doing any better in Phoenix than he did here.  Some people
see a game or two in which he does some nice things and assume that he has
improved in Phoenix.
He hasn't.  He's still wildly inconsistent and aggravatingly unassertive.
He averaged 3.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists and shot .397 for the season.
The playoffs were even worse averaging 5 points on 27% shooting and getting
to the line a total of 5 times in six games.
The only time Forte makes the news is for his off court antics.
Moiso is another guy who had one good game but then went right back to
contributing next to nothing for New Orleans.
It's time to face reality here and stop making excuses for Wallace's poor job
performance.

I don't know how Ainge will be as head of basketball operations but I've got
to believe it can't be any worse than what we have now.
If I were O'Brien, I would be looking over my shoulder right now.  Ainge is a
regular guest on a local radio station here (or I guess I should say was) and
he has never had a good thing to say about the Celtics.  I'm not sure he
would say some of these same things if he were being interviewed by a Boston
station but he hasn't minced words on the Kansas City station.  He has said
that they are unwatchable and he can't stand to do their games.  Most of his
criticisms are the same things we read on this board every day.  Too many
three's. Too much reliance on two players.  No inside game.  No discipline.
Horrible trades and poor drafts.
At the very least it will be interesting to see what kind of moves he will
make.

TAM