Tearing down.

>   Live for only today........die tomorrow. Those of us now not being called
>   Celtic fans is one not looking at the facts as they are. My biggest hope
> is
>   they tear down this team from management down and rebuild around Paul
>   Pierce. If you're looking for mediocrity, it's here now. Some of us are
>   looking past the horizon.

Well I do support trades..
But in my view you should only trade when your getting what you consider
superior value back. I think your understimating the value of continuity...

Teams like Atlanta, and the Bucks have tried the "tear it down" method with
very mediocre results. Its often that armchair GM's wish for big changes..and
that change for sake of change is a very bad idea. We lost some perfectly
servicable talent like Wesley and Fox when Pitino tried to "remake" the
Celts.

When has "tearing a team down" led to success in a reasonable amount of time?
The Lakers were never really torn down..they just signed Shaq and got Kobe.
The Bulls tried it..and well they have been terrible ever since.

Tearing teams down often leads to lottery picks the next season.

1) If you actively trying to "tear down" your team then your putting yourself
at a negotating disadvantage. What are we going to get for Walker et. al in
that situation?
Thats a big issue, IMHO. Its very important that when your team is decent
that you make every move count.

2) Chemistry.. like it or not the Celts DO have good chemistry right now.
They get along..the roleplayers know their roles. Guys in the Celts system
play better then people thought possible. When you tear a team down your
throw all this out.

3) Direction.. The Celts have a direction. Wallace has been widely criticized
and I think he screwed up the Baker trade. But.. I still say he can come
through. The combination of him and Papile does seem to be able to spot
talent, even if they don't have a great record with the high profile stuff.
If you gut these guys the new guy might have an entirely different vision for
the Celts and set us back years.

I actually don't think the Celts aren't that far off..some more depth and the
emergence of another "star" player... #`17 could be a reality. Though I due
wish OB would get the team to play this kind of basketball during the season.
They are alot more fun to watch now.

We don't need to get rid of everyone but Pierce..and if we win this series..I
doubt we will. I don't think we be mired in mediocrity forever if Wallace and
Papile make smart moves with the moves we do have.

Pete