From: Eggcentric@AOL.com [mailto:Eggcentric@AOL.com]
Sent: May 06, 2003 11:00 AM
To: Celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: win

< But some of the fans here, and you know who you are, exult in our negatives and go into hiding when the team plays well. > - Cecil

I resent the inference and think just the opposite, Cecil. So I will pettily pursue the thread.

* You can resent it all you like. That is my thought on how posters such as those whom I am thinking of react. I'm sorry that you cannot or do not see it.

What I see across the various Celt boards is fan after fan giving up the ghost (not posting) out of utter frustration and disillusionment with our team's style of play, damaging recent transactions, 6th place finish, and future prognosis.

*If that we the case, than those Celtic loyalists to whom you refer below, would have given up for only the reasons you have alluded to. And we know that is not true.

More disheartening is the mean-spiritedness of so many of the pompous ''Celt loyalists'' who (in the Snoopy poll) picked the Celts to win 50-58 games this season. When things turned south, it appears that they, not the dissidents, were the ones whose voices were stilled or at the very least reduced to occasional personal attacks upon those with differing views.
*Did you not willingly spar with them?

< I have been called many names by individuals on this list because of my loyalty to this team. I see nobody defending my right to express my support.> - Cecil

Cecil, except for DForant who you constantly and willingly spar with, I can't remember reading any personal attacks on you. You have been
precise, unwavering, and intelligent in your concise posts, and far as I can see, well-respected. Mostly, I appreciate that you have remained a gentleman while others like our part-time CeltsSteve, ired by past disagreements over Pitino, Pierce vs. Walker, cap math, etc. have gone so far as to suggest that a certain dissident just shut up and buy a vibrator.
* When I return home later, perhaps I will see if I still have the most recent one from Ray, which apparently nobody seemed to notice. Maybe you got a chuckle out of it or thought it was particularly clever. I just hope nobody refers to you in the same manner as he refered to me. But maybe I am just being my sensitive self. Dan is not even close to being that crass!

I do not consider myself a dissident. But I have certainly been grouped as one due to my prolonged dissing of our BT, three-point strategy, and
AW. Sensitive Homers (am I allowed to categorize them as such?) like
Bird and Hironaka have actually stopped posting due to said oppressive and scary (?) dissidents. More recently, Ryan W (Ubiquitous), CeltsSteve, David Wickerham, Norine, and Art Silva, all Homer/loyalists who have added little input to this list for many months, have regained enough
chutzpah to return from the sidelines in full metal jackets for the sole purpose of damning certain regular contributors who they have branded anti-Celtic.
* Regardless of their posting percentage over the past few years, they too have a right to express their opinions. This whole notion of camps and categories, is rather juvenile, in an of itself, is it not?

So, Cecil - if this IGTC list must regretfully be divided into two - which faction actually went into hiding? Was it the DISSENTERS (i.e. the bnoiseb) who continued to post, holding steadfastly to their views, or was it the HOMERS who chose to either sign off or return only long enough to take a few cheap shots?

* Eggy what is the point of this? Who ran off vs who stayed doesn't mean a damn thing to me. When I choose to leave this list, will you lump me into that category as well? If so, you would be less than accurate about my reasons why.

Cecil