Re: Lobotomy contagion

< We beat Indy because of our effort and because Isaiah did not have his
guys ready to beat us........ and to me it looked as though Indy was putting
forth their best effort. Jermaine O'neal averaged almost 20 rebounds a
game. That does not happen without effort. > - Shizz

Shawn - Guess I am confused between not being ready and best effort
as irrationally held truths or reasoned errors... or something.

O'Neal certainly did bring his A game to the series as did Artest and the
always100% Strickland (albeit in limited minutes).  It is the bulk of the
Indiana team, i.e. the other nine players, who mostly appeared as
lethargic and confused as their coach.

Where was the fire or best effort in players like Harrington, Mercer,
Tinsley, Croshere, Bender?  Where was sign one that the majority of
Pacers were motivated by their undefined roles, chaotic substitutions,
and uneven playing time?  And what is your guess as to how many of
them would just love to opt out of their Indiana contracts as long as
Isiah continues to fall asleep at the switch?

Pacer President Donny Walsh has brought his team some very good
players.  His Achilles heel (alas, had he only remembered to dip both
of his heels into the river Styx), is that he chose Coach Isiah over
superior candidates such as Rick Carlyle.

 Egg