Lobotomy contagion

So just when did Isiah's lobotomy take place?  And just when did his
team decide they were no longer willing to support their leader?
I realize that Shizz does not agree -

    ''I didn't see any Indiana players quitting in this series. The
    statement has been made that Indy was tanking the series
    to get rid of Isaiah. Show me the proof of that.'' - Shizz

Really, Shizz, how could any team putting out 100% effort allow
the Celts to so easily exceed their season FG% and especially their
3P%, while their own shooting dropped so dramatically to .388%,
and .292 3P%?

After 40 games, the talented/deep Indiana was in first place,
cruising along with a 29-11 record.  Was it at that point when the Isiah
Lobotomy became contagious and his team began to sleepwalk through
a 19-23 record in their last 42 season games?  How else can one
account for their abrupt el foldo?

Has anyone here seen a more pathetic playoff performance than the
Pacers, highlighted by Isiah's catatonic bench performance?  Did Donny
Walsh bring his no-clue coach such a plethora of talented options that
he confused poor nothing-behind-the-eyes Isiah?  At least I am
silenced in accusing Wallace of burdening Obie with such a dilemma.

As for our own bi-polar Celts, they continue to be ALL UP/ALL DOWN.
So their inconsistency from quarter-to-quarter and game-to-game
should not surprise us.  When we hit a three - enter the wiggle, the
swagger, and the cupping of ears pleading for fan approval.   When
we miss a three, enter the BIG SULK as our high fives turn to scowls
and technicals while blaming the ref conspiracy for all that is wrong.

After four fruitless years of frittering away so many juicy lottery
picks, let us not forget that we still have only two players, a stubborn
coach whose claim to fame is in deferring to both, and a supporting cast
of guys named Joe.  Our success/failure remains all about the three.
When our treys find their target, as they did in the Indiana series, we
are unstoppable and Obie appears as some sort of unorthodox genius.
When our treys miss their target, we fans are quickly swept back
to reality.

As Kestas said, we may have won the Indiana battle, but our success
just may have jeopardized our winning the war for years to come.
Earth to Wyc. Come in Wyc.

For every game we win only serves to justify what I consider to be
our present mediocrity.

Egg