Re: Celtics in six against the Nets

Actually, Napoleon was at Waterloo twice.  In 1814, his forces were
defeated, and he was forced to
abdicate at the Treaty of Fontainbleau.  He was exiled to Elba.

The European powers were meeting in Vienna to re-establish the territorial
balance in Europe when news came of Napoleon's escape from Elba on March 1,
1815 and his re-entry into Paris on March 20th. The powers immediately
renewed their declaration of war on Napoleon and the 7th Coalition between
Britain, Austria, Prussia and Russia was formed on 25th March.

They began assembling their troops in readiness for war, intending to
attack along the French borders and march on Paris from different
directions with enough strength to crush the French. When things started,
though, only the armies of Wellington and Bl|cher were in place in Belgium.
The Austrians and Russians arrived after Napoleon had been defeated.

So, to use Dan's analogy, this would--hypothetically--, be the second
Waterloo for the Good Guys, after which the C's are supposedly exiled
permanently.

However, I think this time, the C's will win.

At 06:52 PM 5/2/03 -0400, Dan Forant wrote:
>Just like the French. Yep we beat up Indy and lose at New JerseyLoo.
>
>DanF

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle