Bulls a partner?

The Bulls want a small forward. We let them bring Twan home and they also
fill the veteran and leadership role. Add Walker to Chandler, Curry, Rose and
Crawford, they would have a formidable team.

I would suggest a Twan for Williams, Fizer and their no. 1 pick (Kaman). All
of our problems are solved except for the coaching. That works talent-wise
but the salaries don't work. We would have to take back ERob as the only
reasonable way to get the salaries to work. Something to think about...

DJessen33

 Bulls want a small forward
Added: 31st March, 2003 7:19 AM ET

Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Chicago Bullsb number one
priority this summer is to acquire a small forward. Smith says the Bulls will
likely target Sacramento forward Hedo Turkoglu, Golden Statebs Mike Dunleavy,
and Memphisbs Shane Battier.

Smith feels Turkoglu would be the easiest to acquire since the Kings will be
hard pressed to give him an extension due to commitments to other players on
the team. Instead of losing Turkoglu, who will become a restricted free agent
at the end of next season, for nothing, he suggests that the Bulls could
offer their number one pick in the draft, assuming it is not in the top 3,
Dalibor Bagaric, and a second round pick to acquire the talented forward.
Turkoglu is said to be unhappy about losing his job in the rotation to Jim
Jackson.

"I know I can't complain too much because attitude is important and it would
be stupid of me to get too upset when we are winning," said Turkoglu,
averaging seven points in about 18 minutes a game. "I know the people back
home [in Turkey]bmy parents, the fansbthey are wondering what is going on."

Dunleavy could be the next easiest option. While the Bulls seem to be
committed to Jay Williams as their future point guard, the present starter is
Jamal Crawford. Should the Warriors lose Gilbert Arenas to free agency, point
guard would become a need position for the Warriors- who were desperate for
Jay Williams last summer. The Bulls could offer Jay Williams in exchange for
Dunleavy, solving a logjam at point guard for the Bulls and logjam at small
forward for the Warriors.

"I'm happy where I'm at," Dunleavy said. "No matter how poorly I do or how
bad things are, this is only my rookie season. As a rookie, I haven't really
been able to play through my mistakes. So when it comes time next year or a
time after that, I'm going to appreciate playing big minutes. This
organization had its reasons for picking me, a lot of reasons that don't have
to do with being rookie of the year. They're expecting more things down the
road. In the meantime, I'll let everybody else pass their judgments."

Finally, Shane Battier could fit the bill. Jerry West is known for being a
guru when it comes to the NBA draft, however, Memphis will lose its selection
in this years draft if it isnbt number one overall. They will acquire
Houstonbs pick, but if they make the playoffs, West is out of the lottery.
Chicago could offer its lottery pick, again under the assumption it is not in
the top 3, and Marcus Fizer for the Houston pick and Battier.

Battier is becoming one of the NBAbs best shooters and would bring a good
defender to Chicago.

"I knew I wouldn't be in the same situation as I was last year, playing 40
minutes, so I wanted to become a very efficient player," Battier said. "The
guys on the team and the coaches appreciate what I bring. I just try to come
out and be valuable for our team, not just take up space on the floor. I'm a
little bit awkward, but I get the job done."