Re: Will Larry Brown Be The Next Coach/GM of The Cetics?

In a message dated 3/29/2003 8:32:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Celtic4Hire@AOL.com writes:

> This would be interesting and would give the Cs some short-term stability.
> However, getting Brown always means that you are looking towards tomorrow,
> when he would leave again or retire. It would also be interesting how he
> would handle Twan. It would be difficult to think he would leave if the
> Sixers do well in the playoffs. However, Brown is the kind of guy who loves
> the game enough and its tradition that he would love to have coached the Cs
>
> during his history. I am not necessairly a fan of his style of play but I
> do think he could teach Bremer (who is being ruined by Obie) and Brown a
> few
> things and bring back PP to playing fundamentally good basketball. Maybe he
> could get Baker to get his game together. With a couple of draft picks to
> fill in the holes and trading Twan for a impact player at power
> forward/center, I think Brown could put this team back together. I am
> warming
> up to the idea the more I think and write about it. That gives additional
> reason to hope that the Sixers get beat out early in the playoffs....
>
> DJessen33

Because of his impatience, his track record reflects a tendency to mortgage
the long term future for immediate, short term success as a major component
of always "looking towards tomorrow". And I would not want anyone in the
organization wearing both the GM and coaching hats. But I think this is a
moot point. Does anyone really believe that Philly would release him from his
contract and allow him to go to a divisional rival and a hated one at that?

Steve