post Utah impressions

Pierce is presently intimidated offensively. He is constantly looking for the
foul instead of rising up and concentrating on the shot. Maybe he has been
watching EWill and Twan too long....

Tommy is becoming more openly critical of  Obie's offensive strategy, lack of
fast break fundamentals and substitution....

Bremer is in a funk right now. Tommy also pointed out that Bremer is shooting
more threes per minute played than any other player this year and maybe in
history. They also correctly pointed out that the slow-footed but sneaky
Stockton was able to burn Bremer often. I believe that was more because of
the funneling defensive strategy more than anything else....

Watching the Jazz, ignoring the crap that Stockton and Malone pull, reminds
me of the Celtics of old. Great picks, cutting and passing. Getting by with
less athletic talent but excelling on fundamentals and team play. You just
look at them and say '"Now that's basketball". The Cs did play a little
better than they have for a few games but it was probably was because they
had watched tapes of Utah and their fundamental play had rubbed off....

Right now, I have to think Cowens would be a great coach for the Cs as a
change. He understands the art of passing and could rearrange and bust open
this crap that Obie has got these guys doing. He would bring back the fast
break. Walter, Kedrick, Battie, Delk, Bremer and PP would all benefit from
the fast break, motion and mid-range game. Twan and EWill would not and
should be traded. It just works out perfect that both of these guys are
towards the end of their contracts. (Baker doesn't work in this either but
maybe he would work good as a changeup guy coming off the bench). Cowens
hasn't had that much success as a coach but I think he will be the right
coach at the right time. I think the Cs have a lot more talent than what is
showing and are being limited by the coaching strategy, subsitution,
discipline and teaching....

DJessen33