The new Eric Williams: Grant Long.

> I'm really not sure what O'Brien was thinking defensively.  Long, Battie
> and Walter taking turns on Jefferson?  Antoine guarding Aaron Williams?
> Battie on Martin at times?
> He must not have the same high regard for Kedrick's defense as most Celtics
>
> fans do, since you would think Brown on Jefferson would have been an ideal
> matchup.

Most of the time I just don't get OB. His substition patterns are to say the
least bizarre. Grant Long is like the new Eric Williams.. He can't really
defend people..as he is either too slow or too small to guard anyone but yet
is lauded as a good defensive player and lauded for his intangibles. Sound
familliar?

OB's love of old "veterans" is ruining the team...
McCarty was doing pretty well...but I guess he just wasn't old enough for the
coach.
So instead we get Bimbo Coles and Grant Long. LOL.

Where he sees intangibles - I see players who are tangibly slow old and
unable to play. The indiana announcer was saying that the Celts were down 12
before the opening tip and that wasn't far from the truth. And yet guys like
K.Brown and Bruno get five minutes combined? WTF.

Of course K.Brown outplayed the entire Celts bench in those five minutes..but
I digress. I just hate OB. Truth is if Wallace didn't bungle the Baker trade
he could get rid of OB. But instead OB will be get ridding of him. And that's
sad. Wallace can find people...Bruce Bowen...Bremer...Griffin.  Next in
line.. K.Brown.

For those who say well Wallace can't draft...

Look over the Celtics draft history. Sure we have picked a few good ones but
MOST of those guys were busts. Drafting is just a risky business. Unless you
get the first pick your going to miss more then you hit. No GM can
consistently pick the best player for the spot..

No its the Baker trade that killed him. The Celts seem to have some kinda
substance abuse issues..first cocaine and now booze. <g>

Anyway when Wallace ships out K. Brown for loose change this year we are
going to be hearing about him for years to come. Ron Artests defense isn't
even in the same league as k.brown. He is going to be a force for the spurs
or someone like that.

McCarty was playing the best hoops of his career and gets benched for the
glacial Grant Long. That's just plain bizarre.

On this team K.Brown and McCarty should be getting tons more minutes..and Vin
should get some of Walker's minutes as well if he can recover from his
drunken behaviour.

On this team those three guys are amoung the most talented...and more of the
offense "game plan" should have been worked around their strengths. But
instead of a running team with V.Baker featured as a low post player.. We
have a slow undersized half court team that employs a midget backcourt. <g>

If Wallace had any pull he would dump OB now and bring in a coach who can
properly develop guys like Bremer and Brown.

Pete