CBW review: Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers March 19, 2003

"AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Technically, that would pretty well cover it.  But here we go:

Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers  Wed March 19, 2003  7:00pm

Tonight's game was crucial to the Celtics, especially following their loss
to the Nets the previous night.  I was expecting the C's to come out with
fire in their eyes, and determined to overrun the Pacers.

Then, the game started.  The Celtics biggest--and only--advantage came in
the first minute of the game when they had their only lead and Ron Artest
had picked up a flagrant just five seconds after the game started.

As to the rest of this lopsided loss, the C's put up about as much
resistance as the 17 Iraqui troops that surrendered several hours before
the President's deadline to Saddam Hussein.  There's little point in a
detailed review of the game for Celtics fans, since the Celtics frankly
accomplished nearly nothing, save avoiding tying their lowest point total
of the season with less than two minutes left in the game.

Yes, it was that bad.

I was prepared to cut Pierce some slack after hearing he'd injured his foot
last night.  But the whole
team shot the ball like they'd never heard of the game before.  Bill Walton
suggested that the C's put in Tom Heinsohn and Cedric Maxwell, as they
didn't have anything better to do tonight.  Would that they had, it might
actually have helped.

The C's only played something resembling defense for the first part of the
third quarter, but that
evaporated quickly.  Their shooting was so bad that the rim was the safest
place for fans to sit.  This
hasn't happened much since the days of Rick Pitino, but the C's embarassed
themselves, their fans, and the game in general.  There was no discernable
excuse for their play in this game, and I sincerely hope it's not repeated
ever again.

Friday, the Lakers.  The C's have that long to get their stuff
together.  God help them.

And that's the view from the doghouse.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle