Re: Trade Antoine??

In a message dated 3/14/2003 8:10:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Celtics-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> PS:  Count me as one who aggrees with the notion if Walker were to get a
> fraction of calls that he deserves when hacked to bits going to the hoop we
> would see a different selection of shots from walker, His need to shoot
> floaters and hooks up before he or the defense is set, or to take more
> infamous 3's come to mind. Of course he is not blameless, and there is no
> way I could keep order on a NBA court, but still its a shame that refs can
> consiously or unconsiously have such a impact on on a players fortune (and
> the teams) or impact how a player approaches the game itself. -- Reggie

Really good assessment of the team as constituted, and of Walker's role on
it.  Disagree on the reason he shoots the floaters/half hooks etc.  I think
he does that so they don't get blocked; not for fear of going to the file
line.  The mechanics of his shot are such that he gets it off real low.  His
threes practical begin at the hip, like a little kid who can barely get it to
the rim.  Just my two cents on why he shoots those shots.  And for the
record, I'm one who ONLY sees national broadcasts, and see that Antoine has
been more under control this year, but then, I don't have the perspective of
having seen all the games.