Re: Billups makes old team wonder

On Monday, March 17, 2003, at 05:33 PM, Dan Forant wrote:

My impression of Billups was
awful, he had trouble dribbling from the start.
Billups always had a smooth shot and was aggressive defensively. His FT% has always been high. He came out of school a couple years early if I remember correctly. I always thought he was a great pick. Drafting Mercer was the problem. Mercer never looked like a guy that would put out for his team. He still never has.
With all of the international/ high school picks this draft, the C's could land some talent. But then again...