Re: Majordomo results

Bill Bird, its somehow worse hearing you are leaving that
list than my own decision to unsubscribe. I never brought
much humor to the list at least, like you and others did.

I've actually continued right on posting to JB's Yahoo!
list, but will also have to quit that imminently. Its not
personal, but just diminishing returns now that I'm able
to watch all games myself, and got my wife interested
(miraculously) in the Celtics.

It was one of those secrets I kept for years after we got
married, although she's met one or two IGTC posters when
they were in town in France etc. Now she's the biggest
Celtics fan I know. Its a miracle.

Anyway, keep up the good fight everyone. I can't wait to
go to Paul M's Website and click on all posts I find,
written by people I "know", on the night the Celtics win
their 17th banner.

I still enjoy reading the IGTC posts (Jim Mennino told me
pretty much the same thing, long after he unsubscribed).
Its just that its probably too much of a time-killer
right now to actually post, in addition to reading. Drop
me a line, if you are ever in New York City.

Joe H.
212-727-0433

p.s. If Bill Cooper and the old gang rejoin, let met know
and I'll be right back!

kimmalo@mindspring.com,        Douglas342@aol.com, Greg
Odegaard <grodeg@kalama.com>,        Celtics@igtc.com,
Alexander Wang <awang@MIT.EDU>,
hironaka@nomade.fr,        JB <jimmetz@mac.com>, Jim
Meninno <goceltics2002@hotmail.com>,        "Michael Sr."
<kingpin@primenet.com>,        gene kirkpatrick
<gk_tyler@yahoo.com>,        "Paul M. Moriarty"
<pmm@igtc.com>
> Cc      :
> Date    : Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:42:01 -0800
> Subject : Fwd: Majordomo results
>
> It is with a mixture of sadness and relief that I
announce to you,
> those who I (remember that I) respect on the igtc list
that I have
> unsubscribed.  I guess this is in lieu of making some
big spectacle on
> the list itself.  Believe me, I considered it, but
frankly, I'm way too
> tired.  To those not posting to the list anymore, your
absence is the
> main reason for my action, not that you owe me anything
by any means,
> but merely because your input was most valued by me.
To those still
> posting, your output is clearly too infrequent to keep
me around :).
> Allow the man making a "grand" exit to speak plainly
and without style
> for once.
>
> You all are the best thing about the igtc list, bar
none.  I regard
> "fans" like Way/Ray, Lance, Egg, Dan Forant, Ryan Lee
and a few others
> as I would crap on my shoe, fit only to be disposed of
in a most
> expedient manner.  'Cause the boys in the hood, as Eazy-
E would say,
> are always hard, come talking that trash, we'll pull
your card.  Where
> I'm from, we'd seriously take their like out back and
give 'em a
> beating -- not that I condone that sort of thing, but
it has a certain
> appeal, and really, can one escape one's roots
totally?  I think not.

> It has been both a pleasure, at times, and truly a
trial, at times.
> Speaking as one who has actually been kicked off the
list, let me say
> that the way Moriarty runs the list leaves much to be
desired, yet he
> is also to be commended for his willingness to host the
list.  It is
> astounding that Way/Ray, Egg, Jaims, Forant, Ryan Lee,
etc, etc, etc
> have not been sanctioned, yet I have.  I remember the
times Forant
> suggested that Paul Pierce deserved his stabbing (look
it up, those are
> exact words), Ryan Lee announced his sub-human
intelligence to us all,
> and the myriad times Way/Ray or Lancehas trolled the
list for responses
> with truly outrageous statements.  Indeed, the heir
apparent is
> "Eggcentric" a "person" who does not even have the
common courtesy to
> leave a recognizable name to her/his/its missives.
Truly, no finer
> example of courage exists.
>
> I was on the list for over five years.  I saw many
things come and go.
> I remember when the Celts newsgroup was rockin' and Kim
and RJ were the
> best posters.  I remember the hey day of the igtc list,
when Joe and
> Jim Mennino, and Alex Wang were always there to propose
a reasonable
> opinion.  These days are long past.
>
> To those who disliked me, my style of writing, what I
had to say, how I
> said it, I give a hearty "Fuck you."  (we're all adults
here, and I
> suffer no fools, but ofttimes they need a foot in the
ass.)  To those
> of you I respected, which obviously includes everyone
I'm speaking to
> now, and probably many I have forgotten, I offer a
great thank you, as
> well as salutations as fellow Celtics fans.  You rock.
And the
> difference between you and the detritus that populate
the igtc now is
> most apparent to me, as it ought to be to any rational
and reasonable
> reader of such.
>
> I look forward to perhaps meeting up with y'all during
a future Celts
> game and the resulting beer and hot dog.  :)  Some
special props:

> Cecil, you rock hard, man.  Someone could have just
read what you
> wrote, 99% of the time, if they had wanted to hear my
opinion.

> Joe, Jim Mennino, and Alex Wang: The three best posters
on the igtc.
> Ever.  Bar none.  No comparison.  End of story.  Cut
and print.  It
> doesn't get any better than that.
>
> Mike, the Kingpin, my Portagee homie -- you know how it
is, my man.  Us
> dagos gots to stick together.  You're awesome.
>
> To the rest, you guys were great, as well.
>
> Vaya con dios, muchachos.  Give an email if you're ever
in Oregon or
> would like recommendations on visiting places in the
Hawaiian Islands.
> As a local, I retain the right to "bless" those I deem
fit to make it
> to Hawai`i Nei, and hey, Celts fans get precedence, as
far as I'm
> concerned.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Bill Bird
>
> Paul Gaston delenda est.  (One last time, and from
the ...

> Celtic "Tird"  ... you know you wanted to see it one
last time.  :)