Option on Kedrick

I didn't realize that a team had to pick up the option so early (Oct 30) for
the following option year. I guess if Kedrick develops further during the
summer things could change but do you think they will pick up his option at
this point? It's 2.3 million....

DJessen33

<For the teams which are out of the playoffs each game becomes an audition
for their future playing careers, Chris Tomasson of the Rocky Mountain News
writes. While there will be some players you will certainly want to carry
through to next season with you, others futures' may be told by how they
react and play over the closure of the year.

"It's easy to show great character when you're winning, but losing truly
reveals character," said Nuggets coach Jeff Bzdelik.

"Guys are fighting for contracts," added Denver Nuggets center Marcus Camby.

"It's easy to show great character when you're winning, but losing truly
reveals character," said Nuggets coach Jeff Bzdelik, whose team has gone
14-51 and already has made reservations for Secaucus, N.J. - site of the May
18 draft lottery.

"There are guys (in the final month) who are lazy and who are waiting for
summer and pack it in," said Camby, who played his first two seasons for
dreadful Toronto teams. "But we don't have those type of players on this
team."

The Nuggets do not know exactly what they have got in Camby. After all, how
much can they learn by watching only 14 games? At any rate it looks like both
Camby and second year forward Rodney White will be the ones the Nuggets will
have the closest eyes on, with Tomasson believing that rookies Nene Hilario
and Nikoloz Tskitshvili, swingman Ryan Bowen are the only three most likely
guaranteed to have jobs with the team next season, with fellow rookies Junior
Harrington and Vincent Yarbrough even money bets. Both Harrington and
Yarbrough have come through against the odds to start over half the games for
the Nuggets this year, with Harrington not even being drafted.

"I like both of those guys," said Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe.
"They're great examples of player development. One (Harrington) is undrafted
and the other starts the season on the injured list, and both have ended up
starting."

The Nuggets have until Oct. 31 to pick up the option for a fourth season on
White, and this next month may be crucial in dictating Denver's actions. >