Re:Coles and the playoff-Celts

>I am beginning to feel that quality guys with average talent
>(Battier?) are more important to a team in almost every way
>>than raw unfocused upside distractions like Moiso, Kedrick.

  I heard Marty Blake (head of NBA Scouting) on the radio yesterday and
although he sounded like he was suffering from senile dementia through most
of the interview
he did make a similar observation when asked about NBA prospects.
He said that most teams tend to overlook the solid yet unspectacular players
like Shane Battier and Eduardo Najera, but those are exactly the type of
players that make a team special, not the superstars.
I would guess that Eric Williams is the closest we have to that type of
player.
I know some people would put Walter in that category, but I just don't think
of him as being solid in any facet of the game.
Adrian Griffin fit the bill for a time. ( When you think about it that gives
the Mav's two such players.  Coincidence they are doing so well?).
  Bryant Stiff was heralded as that kind of player, but I think he was
already on his decline when he played for us.

TAM