Re: Stuff

**

PS: But the upcoming draft, the greatest future talent draft in ages,
could save them, if they hire a competent GM and are willing to
give up something to move up in the draft. But will they have the
fortitude to make such a move?

****

Good point - however, i dont think they will make the move. The mentality seems to be to win now and be as competitive as possible. Given the new owners and their investment, I dont think they can afford to wait. Also, if you want to build for the future (short term - 2 or 3 years down the line) you need to try to buy out Baker, trade Pierce or Walker and start to bring in guys who fit in the non obie ball system...

Dan Forant wrote:

Yep, I agree. We are what we are. Which isn't really too bad. There are
opportunities ahead. Let's see if we take them.

DanF

"Way Of The Ray" <wayray@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
3E6BE3DD.3CF4A571@ix.netcom.com">news:3E6BE3DD.3CF4A571@ix.netcom.com...

When they're constantly demolished by the NBA elite. Toto we're
not playing against lottery teams anymore. And Jiminy Crickets,
the Dick Harter system dies on the vine against the better passing
teams.
And that heralded rookie: JR Bremer, seems to be exposed against top
flight
point guards. And the Spurs, like other quality teams, gang up on
Pierce,
because they know that Walker is too streaky of a shooter to beat them
most of the time.  So, enjoy the lottery and crappy Eastern Conference
wins,
but this year is just a repeat of the past hopelessness against the real
good clubs.

Ray