Re: Fw: Your hoopsworld.com reports

< Thought I'd send this along, as it summarizes my point of view
better than most of my recent columns (except the current one, which
was a beaut.)  I just like to see that I'm not alone in my Obie fixation.
 - Josh

You are hardly alone, Josh.  Your reprinted  "Al" email expresses
all that you and I and many others have felt about Obie.  The man and
his methods continue to trouble me like a fountain stirred.  My problem
with Al is that he also states  "my unpopular yet growing opinion that
neither Chris Wallace nor Vin Baker are to blame for the team's
inconsistency."

How can anyone who has closely followed Wallace's moves these past
few years not hold him at least equally responsible with Obie for our
piss-poor recent transactions?

And how about Papile, the third member of the evil axis, AKA The
Three Stooges?  It seems utter nonsense that while Papile's
scouting activity has been restricted to local Boston leagues, high
schools, colleges, and the Shaw's Summer League, that his opinions
on ALL Celt drafts, trades, FA signings, should carry such weight
with Wallace.  Many of those close to the Celts see Wallace as a
good-natured nebbish ever beholden to Papile's persuasive but
parochial opinions.

To answer those who question why the Boston Sportswriters
favor Obie over Wallace, I believe it is due to them observing
Gaston's tight budget, Wallace/Papile's questionable drafts,
trades, FA signings, and non-signings, and seeing that despite all
that our team is still tied for 5th in the Eastern Conference.

And so it came to be that 2+2 equaled 5 for Obie, 3 for Wallace.

Egg

 PS - Josh, is it possible you could reprint your columns on this
igtc site?  Many of us would be interested in reading them.