thoughts on draft and NY post

Well, Danny seems to have got the players that he realistically thought he
could get. I'm pleased that an up-tempo game seems to be a priority once
again and that Ainge seems intent on rectifying our "smallest team on the
court" syndrome. Only time will tell if Ainge's choices were the right ones
(player evaluation being such an inexact science), but at least he seems to
have the right idea about the type of players we need: more size and
strength on the frontline, speed and athleticism in the backcourt -- the two
ingredients for fastbreak basketball. I am cautiously optimistic -- which in
my case is saying a lot.

As for Antoine going to the Knicks, if Lampe's rights were included I might
consider the trade below. And as an added bonus, when Ward is bought out
wouldn't that allow us enough room beneath the luxury tax to exercise the
mid-level exception if a desirable player were available?

New York trades:  PG Charlie Ward (7.2 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.6 apg in 22.2
minutes)

  C Kurt Thomas (14.0 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 2.0 apg in 31.8 minutes)

  C Michael Doleac (4.4 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.6 apg in 13.9 minutes)

New York receives:  PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5
minutes)

Change in team outlook: -5.5 ppg, -6.3 rpg, and -2.4 apg.

Boston trades:  PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5
minutes)

Boston receives:  PG Charlie Ward (7.2 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.6 apg in 66 games)

  C Kurt Thomas (14.0 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 2.0 apg in 81 games)

  C Michael Doleac (4.4 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.6 apg in 75 games)

Change in team outlook: +5.5 ppg, +6.3 rpg, and +2.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED