Perkins

  Well, I talked with my friend in Dallas and she pretty much echoed what the
Dallas News article said.
She called his work ethic "horrible".
She said that is why he went form being mentioned along with James as a
lottery pick this time last year to being a second round "project" this year.
She compared his game to a less talented Eddy Curry.
Interesting that Leo mentioned being taken with him two years ago but didn't
say anything about this last year, when his stock dropped.
I also wonder how much investigating the Celtics do on their possible draft
picks.
Apparently some NBA teams use a private investigator.  There was a story
recently about a P.I. hanging around Sioux City, Iowa, asking all sorts of
questions about Kirk Hinrich.  Of course Sioux City isn't Boston or New York.  Word
spread pretty quickly.  The folks in Iowa got a real kick out of it. The
Investigator ended up calling Kirk's Mom just to explain what was going on and
apologize for trying to dig up any dirt.
Then there was the Insider story talking about some teams being leary of
Banks for some sort of problem in his past that had come up.

Oh well.  As my friend said in her E-mail, maybe a light switch will go off
and Perkins will change.  This could very well be a turning point in this young
mans life.
I can't help thinking it probably would have been better for him if he had
been taken a few picks later, in the second round.  Nothing guaranteed.  Work
hard or be out of a job.
 Time will tell.

TAM