The limiting magic number 13

I kind of thought we would have room to sign a Kenny Anderson type point
guard, a veteran scorer (all at minimum contracts) and a prospect (not considering
Hunter). We are already there at the magic number 13 unless they cut Sundov
assuming they resign McCarty and Blount. So we got one position (Sundovs) to
play with.

I think we will try to not sign a veteran point, assuming Banks will be the
starter, relieved by Bremer and Delk to fill in if it all falls apart.

I think we send Brandon Hunter overseas for a year of development.

That leaves the spot for Cooke, but not likely. I think they will hold out
the spot for a veteran scorer.....

Ainge could not sign Blount to make sure Obie would have to play Perkins. You
also got Baker to center, assuming he can play. If Obie didn't have Blount,
that would be the great decision. "Who do I send in there, Baker or Perkins? I
hate them both."

DJessen33

<The Celtics' take is
that they simply didn't have a roster spot available. They have 11
players under contract, counting the two rookies. That does not count
Walter McCarty or Mark Blount, both free agents. It also doesn't count
any prospective signees. And the basketball staff has been told that
the roster this year will likely be 13 players at most. So unless you
cut Sundov and eat his $700,000-plus salary, there isn't a lot of
wiggle room for Songaila, who wants a chance to play in the NBA. >