Brandon Hunter

> 1st cup of coffee thoughts:  I suppose Brandon Hunter guarded PFs and
> managed 35 blocks for the year; that's at least 3 a game.  Add the rebounds and he
> sounds quite defensive minded; plus, he scored 30 and more four times.
> Those can't all be dunks.  He sounds like someone written off because of his
> height.  Since he won't be shy or retiring, we may have a real steal with him.
> As someone already said, "who will be able to handle him in practice?"  He
> will always have to be paired with Battie or Blount, but that seems a given.  If
> he's the monster he seems, he could get 10-15 minutes consistently.

Well he played 30 games..so only 1.2 blocks a game. That's not terrible
though.

Brandon measured out decently compared to the other players at Chicago.
His wingspan and standing reach are pretty respectable..similiar to that of
an average 6'8 player. This in part explains his rebounding and shot blocking
abilities to some extent.

Luke Walton for example has a wingspan of 6' 8" and a standing reach of 8'
8".
Both are signficantly smaller then Brandon's.. Of course some players are
even longer armed then Brandon. Truth is though that wingspan and standing reach
are far more important then height. Shawn Bradley as a very long neck.. That
doesn't help him one bit on the court.

Brandon might bust out...not at all uncommon for a late second round pick..
But he is more suited to the PF position then you might think.. I don't think
he is much of a "project" at all. If he can play he will likely be able to
contribute right away.

Anyone know Toine's measurements? I have long thought that Toine is only 6
'7.5" without shoes.. He doesn't look that much taller then Pierce.

Pete