Feeling better by the minute

Thanks to those who posted Perkins articles ... You've
got to love reading things like, "He is nimble, runs
the floor well and has a surprisingly good passing
touch from the high post and down low. ... [S]hows a
variety of spins, turnarounds and up-and-under moves."

And, "[P]owerful build and feathery touch around the
basket ... relies on a series of spins, turnarounds
and an efficient jump hook ... many NBA scouts and
analysts say "Baby Shaq" could be a lottery pick. ...
The Sporting News recently listed Perkins as the
draft's fourth-rated prospect ... He's also shooting
79 percent from the field and the free-throw line ...
"He's got a better shooting touch than Shaquille
O'Neal had when he was in high school."

I also didn't realize the kid didn't try out for other
teams, which no doubt held down the pre-draft buzz. So
while I'm not going to buy a replica jersey yet, I'm
willing to concede the BT might have done a good
thing.

Meanwhile, it's a beautiful day by the sea here in
sunny Monterey ...