On further review

After sleeping on it, I feel better about the draft.
Yesterday morning, I would have been totally content
to see the Celts take Banks and Sofoklis and call it a
day. I still think Sofo has a greater upside than
Perkins, but at this point there's probably not much
difference in what both will contribute next year. And
Perkins' weight issues don't seem quite as scary as
Sofoklis'. But he'll have to work very, very hard to
turn into any decent kind of NBA player.

I'm just really disappointed that they stuck with the
promise when Lamje was still on the board. A $2
million buyout, even for the stingy Celtics, seems
like a small price to pay if the kid's as good as they
say. Clearly Ainge wanted a banger and not a finesse
7-footer, but I hope this one doesn't haunt the Cs.

Hunter seems like a fine late-round pickup. Really not
much smaller than Sweetney.