RE: Banks, Perkins and the draft

That's about it. I'm holding out hope for an Antoine trade before the start
of the season, because nothing will change if he's still here. He controlled
things when Kenny was here, and he's not about to change-and Obie isn't
about to force him to change-just because there's a rookie point guard.

Mark

You could be right Mark, but perhaps Danny, with those championship rings, can get Toine to accept the fact that in order to take this team to the next level, the best thing to do is get in shape to run, run, run.  If Toine accepts it, the whole complexion of this team changes, especially if he is close enough to the rim to lead this team in rebounds and get the break started with a smart pass.  I'm hoping he will sacrifice his shot attempts in order to increase his boards.  He'll still get plenty of shots and his percentage will increase as well as his rebounding.  He may even get a break from the refs once in a while if he showed that willingness to commit to being more judicious in his attempts.

Antoine may think he knows what the team must do to advance, however, his job is to perform at the level expected of him by the Coach and GM.  If he shows resistance to what Danny and Obie think is best for the team, then he's gotta go.  But if he goes, like a previous poster said recently, we MUST get ability in return.

Cecil