Nice job, Danny

I'm very happy with Banks and Perkins. The only other player I wanted, but we didn't have the right draft slot for, was Luke Walton (so of course he goes to the freaking Lakers!). Brandon Hunter was a good slide to #56. Hard working, loves to rebound - led the nation in rebounding last season! First-team all-conference selection (even if MAC) for the third straight year, Wooden Award Watch list. At 6-7, does he give more than Fortson (who I thought was a great role player).

I'm a little nervous about trading with Jerry West. I don't see what Memphis got out of the deal - it's not like Dahntey Jones would have been scooped before they picked at 27 and certainly Bell would have been there at 13. Well, I haven't read the papers this AM, so maybe there's something else to it.

I loved the part where Danny said we were going to run this year. How exactly is he going to get Antoine and O'Brien to do that? Danny also said that Banks will be able to come in and help right away. Again, how's he planning to make OB give him the minutes? I think both O'Brien and Antoine will be gone after next season if not before. Antoine will have more value going into the last year of his contract.

When I saw Milicic do the double-cheek-Euro-kiss with his 6 or so male entourage, all I could think of was I hope the BSG is doing his draft night diary ; ) I wasn't nuts about Michelle Tafoya interviewing the draftees - felt too stilted. I loved the raucous NY crowd giving it to Stern at every stumble (and he can take it with good humor). They heartily approved of the Sweetney pick. He looked great - very slimmed down and toned up from the first time I noticed him on the court w/the Hoyas.

Fun night, as always.

--Ellie