Lampe? Don't count on him being Dirk...

> The bottom line is even though we all have our personal favorites, no one
> knows who will be good and who won't. The NBA draft has become a total
> crapshoot once you get into the double digits. Who would have guessed Amare
> as ROY? I know he was a lottery pick but still a gamble. We won't know for
> at least a year how good or bad these picks were.

No doubt. Lets stop all this crying about Lampe..just because some draftnik
picked him high and he "slid".. That doesn't make him the second coming of Paul
Pierce. PP was unbelievable because he was a total stud in HS (McDonald's All
American game...) and in a BIG time college program and still slid. Lampe is
far more unknown..

Likewise, we won't know about Perkins for quite a while...unless he looks
just really slow in summer league.

Perkins could be a solid player...He is long, and looks stronger then Lampe.
I am not sure he is a "black" Montross either.. When your dealing with big
men conditioning and weight can really distort athletic ability. I have read
that he was a "good"athlete on one website, elsewhere he is quoted as being an
"average" athlete.
Montross was not a "average" athlete by ANY stretch of the imagination.

I can't believe you folks are all pouting about Lampe. MANY other teams
passed on him..maybe they know something everyone else didn't. Just cause some
draftnik ranked him high that doesn't mean jack.

Banks..I suspect he will make in in the league. He can probably come right in
and split time with J.R. Bremer. J.R. is a better shooter, but I imagine
Banks will be a better distributor and tempo guy.

Also don't count on Kedrick wasting away on the bench..
OB recently claimed that K. Brown had an excellent work ethic and a good
basketball I.Q..(though perhaps he felt sorry for harshing on him in that DA vs.
OB piece) He also said that he would have developed much faster on another
team.

Pete