size and speed

Mark,

It really is funny, since I respect your basetball eye so
much, that we are so apart on this.  Lang looks slow and
cumbersome, laboring to get up to the rim.  Sofokles
is basically playing on his tiptoes, and when he goes up
for a dunk, as at the end of the heat clip or in the greek
league clip, you can see a good beat of hang time.  As
for being undersized, I think people concentrate on length
at the expense of weight.  There isn't a player in the league
other than shaq that will have a physical advantage over
Sofokles at power forward.  The guy is just huge.  Bosh,
contrarily, will despite his height and length, get bullied every time he
comes within ten feet of the basket, at least for the
next couple of years.  I mean, Sophocles is 6'9 1/2" and
amost 300 pounds.  Who's going to shove him around?
Remember, the Celtics transformation into a pansy team
really happened when Vitaly left, and he played even shorter
than the 6'10" he was listed at.

Josh