Ode to Darius

Well, it's a sad time down in East Texas and in spots like Winston Salem, where our boy Darius Songaila is best know.  We got to see him in a Shaw's game last summer; alas, his star was not bright enough to escape Europe.  Now, he gets his chance at the big time, but on the left coast.  I hope it's a real chance because I thought he had solid abilities as a backup PF--something we need.

And yet, I can almost hear it now, "with the #56 choice of the 2003 NBA draft, the Celtics select Steve Blake."  Ah, Danny heard my pleas; he's afraid to wait for the competition that will surely surround Gene's top pick.  If not, we're probably going to see one of the long shot HS boys or Euros who can develop afar and be traded for two choices next year.  Soon, we'll have the entire second round to ourself.  Cheers.  Tick, tick.  Gene