Wallace compensation

Could we get Zach Randolph or Jeff McGinnis out of Portland for Wallace if
he take the GM position?  Could we get both in a deal where we take some for
them at say 20? Mcginnis probably more feasible averaged 14 pts 6 assists
for the Clippers last year and Randolph could be a rising force at the 4
position. However his play could be what is making Wallace expendable if
they can move his contract.

This would allow us to move Walker for a high pick and pick up maybe a Bosh,
Lampe, Hinrich, Ridnour, Hayes,

Even if he went to Seattle for 12 & 14 iff possible we would be likely able
to choose from some of these at those positions although rumor has Seattle
trying to deal Radmanovich and their #12 for #5.

Toronto supposedly likes Hinrich & Sweetney and may trade down to take them
but it is not likely they will be there at 16.

I would not be surprised to see Denver, Toronto, Miami, the Clippers or
Chicago to select for other teams. These teams need some veterans.

Some input from Marty Blake

A lot of the four men are short for a power forward," said Marty Blake, the
NBA's director of scouting. "Collison's probably the best of the group."
Collison, 6 feet 10, 255 pounds, played four years at Kansas and was
instrumental in his team making two Final Four runs. He led the Jayhawks in
scoring with an 18.5 average and rebounding with 10 per game this past
season. But some scouts are asking if he has any untapped potential or is he
as good as he'll get. Some mock drafts have him going as high as No. 8 to
Milwaukee and others have him slipping to the Hornets at 18, where he could
be an attractive pick, especially if free-agent P.J. Brown signs elsewhere.
"I look at a guy like Troy Murphy (Golden State's power forward), and the
things he's been able to do -- play inside and out, rebound -- and he's been
an impact in two or three years," Collison said. "If I can do as well as he
did, that would be great. I think I'm as skilled as any big man in the
draft, and as good a rebounder as any big man in the draft. And that's a
combination you don't get a lot."
Sweetney, leaving school after his junior season, has the mentality seen in
many past Georgetown players -- he loves being in the paint.
"Banging and scraping, I love it," Sweetney said. "I've been doing it since
I started playing basketball, and I don't want to stop. . . . I think I can
improve in every aspect of the game. But I'm very confident I can go to the
next level and compete."
But unlike Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning and Dikembe Mutumbo, former
Georgetown 7-footers who went on to successful NBA careers, Sweetney is 6
feet 8. With the "undersize" label, he could fall -- perhaps to Seattle at
No. 12 or even to the mid-teens. He led Georgetown this past season in
scoring (22.8) and rebounding (10.4).
"He's a rare player that will play inside and likes to play inside. I think
because of that, a lot of people like him," Georgetown coach Craig Esherick
said. "He's got the best pair of hands of anybody that we've ever had at
Georgetown."
His biggest weakness? "He can't come back to Georgetown," Esherick said.

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]