Re: Latest ESPN.com mock draft

< I really dislike these Ford/Katz combo mock drafts. Why not just let
them do their own?..... > - Jessen

Good for you, Jessen.  Someone had to say it... the Ford/Katz draft SUCKS!
Have they both had recent lobotomies? SchortenthanyouthinkIam at #16
and Williams at #20?

I certainly enjoy the high drama of the drafts.  Samuel Taylor Coleridge
called drama ''that willing suspension of disbelief for the moment, which
constitutes poetic faith.''   Like Judaism, the Ford/Katz draft is not so
much about belief as the ''willing suspension of disbelief.''   These two
gurus allow quality players like Hayes to fall to #21 while they have us
taking 2nd rounder Williams.  Now wouldn't you take Hayes ahead of
either Schortzy or Williams?

< I think the Banks moving up before the 16 is just hype. Who would
draft a player they haven't even worked out? > - Jessen

And I think Banks moving up to even 20 represents the best hype/PR job
in recent memory.  This guy is on the cutting edge of unique strategy,
pushing the envelope even further than Madonna did.  And you know
what, damn if it isn't working for him.

Banks started out being ranked by experts as a second-rounder, circa
12th among PG's in this draft.  Yet suddenly, due to his Greta Garbo
strategy/PR campaign, is being fought over?  As you ask, Jessen,
how can all these teams have suddenly gotten so hot on Banks when
he hasn't even worked out for their team?  Nor has he been invited to
the Green Room.

Not that workouts should matter that much, especially with PG's.
Keep in mind that full court situations do not happen during private
workouts, so how can teams really test the true distributing talents
of a PG anyway?  That is why a PG's career history within his
particular level of competition seems so much more telling than
a single wing span/bench press/shooting workout.

The draft gurus are a nation of sheep whose largest contribution to
the world is the wool they pull over people's eyes, not the meat of
their predictions.

Egg