Re: Discussing The Merits Of The Bosh Deal or Good Riddance To Th e Anti-Christ

Bosh isn't the sure thing Lebron, Darko or Melo are. That's obvious. If he
were, the pick wouldn't be available.

But he isn't Jerome Moiso. Yes, he's a long, lean jumping bean. But he also
is a high-percentage shooter, even from the college 3-point line. He runs
the floor like a deer, rebounds and blocks shots. I've heard comparisons
ranging from McDyess to Garnett to Duncan. And don't underestimate the fact
that he's left-handed. That's a huge advantage in blocking shots and getting
your shot off.

BUT... There are questions. He's young and not really developed physically.
But he was very productive in the ACC and was rated highly based on his
play, not just workouts. He was in the mix for the fourth pick long before
the workout process started.

So what do they do with the 16th pick? Take the best player available
(although probably not a power forward). Maybe Banks is still there. Maybe
it's Jarvis Hayes or Pavlovic. Maybe they see Bosh as a Garnett-type small
forward and take Baby Shaq, giving them a versatile forward tandem. Who
knows? Maybe they trade the pick.

One more thing on Bosh... Everything I've read about him indicates he's a
good teammate. In other words, he's not someone who is going to come in and
want to be "the man." Maybe he develops into that kind of player, but he's
not going to expect it. Sounds like someone who could coexist nicely with
Pierce.

Mark

--- --- ---

Ray wrote:

Among the many Antoine trade rumors circulating this day is a deal that
would have the Celtics send Toine and 20 -- sounds like a drink or a rap
phrase: "Barkeep, Give me a 'Toine and 20'" -  " Yo yo yo, Word up is
Toine and 20!" -- to the Raptors for 4 and Davis, with 4 being Chris
Bosh.

And Chad Ford says "don't be surprised" that the Raptors do trade for
either LaFrentz, Rasheed Wallace, or Walker.

Now, should the Celtics do such a deal?

Why of course, but I'm not one hundred percent sold on Chris Bosh. He
has those Jerome Moiso moments, and those evaluating what type of NBA
player he might become, have forcasted a range of Joe Smith to Kevin
Garnett.

What we do know, is he seems to be a legitimate 6-11, he can rebound, he
has terrific shooting range, should be able to block some shots, and is
much more of an athlete and presents greater verticality than Antoine.

Of course, he's going to require two to three years of development, and
Jimbo may be an impediment. And Obie with rumors of a possible Toine
deal hanging heavy in the ethos, is quite likely on suicide watch at
this very moment.

But with Antonio Davis on board, Bosh to O'Brien's liking can be brought
along slowly, and Davis can serve as a veteran mentor
to the new progeny, something Toine lacked in his Celtics
investiture.

So the question beckons, what do the Celtics do with the 16th pick?