Zarko?

> I've read the email (or rather had it summarized for
> me) and I'm pretty convinced that Ainge promised
> to take Banks at 16.  It doesn't seem like much of
> a stretch if the guy is the player he seems to be.  I
> have to figure the team to take Pavolic is he's available
> at 20, but since he won't be, and since you can't draft
> Bell or Barbossa if you are taking Banks, who does
> that leave?  Collison or Shortsinitis would be my choices.
> Zarko does nothing for me; as somebody said, he
> sounds a lot like Bruno.  If the guys above are gone,
> give me David West and call it a day.
>
> Josh..

I am surpised that we would be considering Zarko..

The reports that I have seen of him aren't so hot.  Sounds like the typical
negative European. Good shooter, but soft and slow. 6-11 220 is not a power
forward. I am 6-4 205 and people regularly call me skinny. I can't imagine have 8
more inches and playing PF. Sounds more like a slower but more skilled Walter
McCarty who I am hopeful will be gone.

Count me as the one fan who does not love WALTAH. The guy dogs it every year
but one as now is a hero. Please.

I do think we need a big man..not a wing player. EVERY team could use a third
star. But building a good team starts with taking care of the basics. We need
to address our core weaknesses. 1) rebounding 2) offensive flow. Its kind of
amazing the Celts won so many games with our woeful rebounding up front.

A good active big man can be drafted at 16. We don't need Shaq just a Keon
Clark or a Dale Davis type. Ideally we should look for someone with a long
wingspan, and good strength. And he needs to have enough athletic ability to use
his gifts.
Its okay if the guy is raw.. If he is undersized he should have a nose for
rebounding.. David West or Baby Shaq might fit the bill. Though I would like
Chris Bosh. :P Perhaps an undersized guy quick enough to play a powerful version
of the SF position.

We also need to take a shot at a point guard. In my view points are rather
like pitchers in baseball. They are very difficult to project..in the NBA. A guy
like Troy Bell could be a better version of Nick Van Exel or a lousy J.R.
Bremer. Who knows... Thats why its important that we draft one. We could get
lucky like the world champs did with Tony Parker. A good point can be had anywhere
in the draft.

K. Brown and E. Williams can hold down the small forward position fine..
K. Brown is a plus rebounder and good defender and E. Williams is an
aggressive low post presence. Combined they would make a decent player.

Also its hard to imagine that Ainge is as anxious to trade K. Brown as you
folks seem to imagine. He has spoken quite postively about him in his
broadcasts. I think we need more athletic talent..not less.

Pete