Re: Banks/Pavlov etc.

Everything i'ver read about Pavlovic says that he attacks the hoop regularly. He is not tentative in the least. He's also the type of guy who wants the ball in his hands with the game on the line. This shows that he is aggresive, unlike the Kedrick; Joe Johnson types. Pierce would still get the ball at the end of games, which is good, but since Pavlovic is willing, he would be a much better second option instead of Antoine.

On top of that, Pavlovic is the best shooter in the draft. That's probabaly why he is so good at driving, becuase guys cannot give him space to shoot. Plus, being from Europe, he is sure to have much better fundamentals.

I said it before and i'll say it again; stay away from the Kansas guys. They have bust written all over them in the sense that they will never be more than backups in the league. Think Travis Knight, Bobby Hurley, Calbert Chaney type impact.

From: Peter Delevett <pdelevett@yahoo.com>
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Banks/Pavlov etc.
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:21:07 -0700 (PDT)

Like Gene, I'll be disappointed if Boston comes out of
this draft only with two wing players, especially
considering that there will be some decent big men
left when Boston drafts. Is Pavlovic really such a
hawkeye, ready-right-now, can't-miss that he's worth
bypassing Collison/West/Cook? Those guys can shoot too
but also can take it inside.

As for Zarko Carpetbagga, what does he do that the
aforementioned trio doesn't? Reading the guy's
profile, he sounds EXACTLY like somebody who's already
on our roster: Bruno. Do we need another 6'11 guy to
shoot from the perimeter? Hell, I'd rather take
Pauchulia or even Planicic. This smells just like a
Wallace draft.