Re: random (if not deep) thoughts

--- You wrote:
  According to ESPN Insider, which this time used the NBA's official report,
Lang weighed in at 21.4% body fat, second only to Chris Marcus at 23.1%.
I can't see that fitting into the C's plans for getting quicker and more
athletic.
--- end of quote ---

Is there anything about Sofoklis's BF%? In the draftboard picture
<http://nbadraft.net/profiles/sophoclesschortsianitis.htm> he looks amazingly
muscular, truly Shaq-like (before Shaq added another 100lb of fat). There's
enough room on that jersey to spell out  "Sofoklis Shortsianitis" and still
have enough space for a nickname. To be like that at 17 indicates to me that he
1) is amazingly gifted for muscle growth,  with lots of fast-twitch fibers
(good news for a bball player); and 2) works out a lot. In fact, he may be so
physically gifted that he doesn't even need to lift that much. Some guys'
muscles seem to grow if they so much as look at them.
The more important question, of course, is whether that necessarily translates
into success as a PF/C in the NBA. While he's not very tall for a PF/C type,
hopefully he hasn't stopped growing yet, and he does have a long wingspan. He
also seems very motivated, reportedly plays hard in every game, is relentless
on the offensive boards, and doesn't like to nicknamed after anyone because he
plans to become great on his own. Not to sound like a certain "brain doc", but
that seems to me looks like a psychological profile of a player that will
survive and thrive in the jungle of the NBA. Besides, he's been a professional
since age 15 in a league where the fans pelt the players with batteries,
bottles, anything they can get their hands on - so he's used to pressure. He's
got the physical  talent and he's got the competitiveness. The rest can be
taught. I wouldn't mind if the Celtics took him, even if the prospect of
having to pronounce his name would move Cooz to retire from broadcasting
altogether.
Kestas